Merit Points and Procedure for selection(DOP)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan, Parliament Street
Dated the 28th Sep 2020
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) I Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Sub: Scheme for compassionate appointment – Relative Merit Points and Procedure for selection.
Madam / Sir,
I am directed to refer to Department of Posts letter No.37-36/2004-SPB-1/C dated 20.1.2010 on the above subject providing for Relative Merit Points and procedure for compassionate appointments in the Department of Posts. The matter has been reviewed keeping in view the instructions issued by Department of Personnel and Training, the changes in various factors for calculating Relative Merit Points and the changes in financial status of the family of the deceased employees consequent upon increase in the terminal benefits.
2. The Relative Merit Points (RMP) for assigning weightage to various attributes of the applicants for compassionate appointment have been reviewed. The revised RMP is based on 100 points of 10 variables with provision of additional 15 maximum bonus points for the applicant if she is the widow of the deceased employee/wife of an employee who has retired on medical grounds. The revised RMP to be applied are as laid down in Annexure I.
3. Periodicity of CRC meeting: In respect of all applications for compassionate appointments received from January to December of a calendar year, the CRC meeting will be held by all circles once in a year, between January to March of the next calendar year.
4. Cut-Off Date: Date of death or date of retirement on medical grounds will be considered as cut off date for the purpose of assessing the indigent condition of the applicant under RMPS for compassionate appointment.
5. Circle specific vacancy: The vacancies to be utilised by a Circle for compassionate appointment in a year should not be more than 5% of the vacancies in Direct Recruitment Quota in Group C Posts in a year.
6. Place of Posting: As far as administratively feasible, applicant appointed on compassionate grounds will be posted at a place as per preference indicated or near his / her home town or in same division in which the applicant is residing, subject to availability of vacancies.
8. Date of effect of these guidelines: These revised guidelines will come into effect from 1st October 2020. Cases recommended by previous CRC to be considered by subsequent C.1villbe considered based on these revised point system. All cases closed so far will not be reopened.
9. Instructions issued by DoPT from time to time related to compassionate appointment will continue to be guiding factor while deciding the cases.
10. This issues with the approval of Secretary (Posts).
Tel. No. 23096103