PCDA Circular No 212- Withdrawal of Circular No.197(Identification/ verification of documents in absence of Aadhaar number)
Circular No.- 212
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
2. The Director of Treasuries of all state………….
3. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
4. The CDA (PD) Meerut……….
5. The CDA-Chennai………..
6. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)….
7. The Pay & Accounts Officers…………
8. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
9. The DPDO…………
10 The Post Master Kathua
Sub: Withdrawal of this office Circular No.197 dated 10.01.2018-Identification/ verification of additional documents produced by Defence Forces pensioners in absence of Aadhaar number.
Ref: This office Circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018.
Please refer Govt. of India Ministry of Defence, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Notification No. 14(2)/2014/D (P/P)(Part-I) dated 03.03.2017 circulated vide this office Circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018 under which direction was issued that consequent upon introduction of Aadhaar Act-2016, an individual eligible to receive pensionary benefits is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
Now, Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence (Department of Ex- Servicemen Welfare) has withdrawn the above Notification No. 14(2)/2014/D (P/P)(Part-I) dated 03.03.2017 vide GoI, MoD Notification No 14(2)/2014/D/(Pen/Pol)(Part- I) 3rd dated March, 2020(copy attachaed) received under Office Memorandum No. 14(2)/2014/D/(Pen/Pol)(Part‐ I) dated 11th March 2020(copy attacheded).
Accordingly, this office Circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018 is withdrawn herewith with immediate effect.