Further Extension of timelines for APAR of the year 2019-20 through SPARROW portal
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi.
Dated the 19th June, 2020
Subject: Further Extension of timelines for Recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) for the year 2019-20 in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/CSSS/CSCS through SPARROW portal – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 22.05.2020 read with Estt. Division, DoPT O.Ms. No. 21011/01/2009-Estt.(A)(Pt.II) dated 27.03.2020 and O.M. No.21011/02/2015-Estt.(A-II) (Pt.II) dated 30.03.2020 and 11.6.2020, wherein various dates for completion of recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) online on SPARROW web portal across all the Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/CSSS/CSCS for the year 2019-20 were extended.
2. In view of the prevailing situation, it has been decided to further extend the timelines for distribution/online generation, recording and completion of APARs of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/CSSS/CSCS for the year 2019-20, as a one-time measure, as specified in the Annexure.
3. The extended timelines for the APAR year 2019-20 shall also apply to the Reporting/ Reviewing/Accepting Authorities, who have demitted office or retired from service on or after 29.02.2020 and they shall be allowed to record their remarks till the respective extended cut-off dates as given in the Annexure.
4. Further, the decision conveyed vide this Department O.M.21011/02/2015-Estt.(A-II) (Pt.II) dated 22.5.2020 delinking recording and completion of APAR for the year 2019-20 from the conducting of Annual Medical Examination and thereafter submission of summary of Medical Report by 31.12.2020, shall continue.
5. Accordingly, all Ministries/ Departments are requested to take necessary action from generation stage to completion stage of APAR online process on SPARROW in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/CSSS/CSCS and complete all APAR activities for 2019-20 by 31.3.2021.
6. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(P. B. Sahu)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
No. 22/2/2020-CS-I (APAR) dt.19.6.20
|S. No||Activity||Date by which activity to be
|1||Distribution of blank forms/online generation||31st July, 20 or earlier|
|2||Submission of Self appraisal to Reporting Officer||31St August, 20|
|3||Submission of report by Reporting
Officer to Reviewing Officer. *
|30th Sept., 20|
|4||forwarding of report by reviewing officer to APAR Cell
/ Accepting Authority (Wherever provided) *
|15th Nov., 20|
|5||Appraisal by Accepting Authority, wherever provided||31st Dec., 20|
|6||(i) Disclosure of APAR to the ORU where there is no
(ii) Disclosure of APAR to the ORU, where there is
|31st Dec., 20
15th Jan, 21
|7||Receipt of representation, if any, on APAR||15 days from the date
|8||Receipt of representation to the competent authority
(a) Where there is no Accepting Authority for APAR
(b) Where there is Accepting Authority for APAR
|31st Jan., 21
15th Jan., 21
|9||Disposal of representation by the competent authority||Within one month of the date
of receipt of representation by
the Competent authority
|10||Communication of the decision of the competent
authority on the representation by the APAR Cell
|Within 15 days of finalization
of decision by Competent authority
|11||End of entire APAR process, after which APAR
will be finally taken on record.
* Not applicable for CSSS officers. The Reporting Officer in case of CSSS officers will send his/her report to Administration/CR Section, wherever provided.