Extending benefit of payment of compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all DOP employees
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: 09th June, 2020
1. Heads of all Postal Circles
2. Chief General Manager (BD)/Parcel/PL1 Directorate
3. Director, Rafi Ahmad Kidwai National Postal Academy, Ghaziabad
4. Chief Engineer (HQ), Dak Bhawan
Subject: Provision to extend benefit of payment of compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all Departmental employees of Department of Posts and all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) to cover death due to COVID-19 while discharging official duties – appointment of `Designated Officer’ – revision – reg.
I am directed to refer to this Department’s letter of even number dated 21.05.2020 (copy enclosed) vide which Director(Welfare), Department of Posts was appointed as ‘Designated Officer’ for receiving, processing and disposal of claims.
2. In supersession of the above, the competent authority has approved appointment of Director (Establishment), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001 as ‘Designated Officer’ for the above-said purpose.
3. All Circles are requested to submit all claims of compensation accordingly.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)