Over Time Allowance for the category of Operational Staff – DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sanand Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Dated: 22 January, 2019.
- All Chief Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/ PLI Directorate
- Director RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors of All PTCs.
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K Puram, New Delhi
Sub: Implementation of the recommendation of 7th CPC on Over Time Allowance(OTA) – preparation a list of those staff coming under the category of Operational Staff regd.
I am directed to refer to Department of Personnel & Training’s OM No. A-27016/03/2017-Estt. (AL) dated 19.06.2018 circulated vide letter no. 52-01/2018-PAP dated 04.07.2018 on the above subject. According to the said OM., Government has decided to discontinue OTA for categories other than Operational Staff and industrial employees.
2. As per para 1 of this OM, “Ministries/Departments to prepare a list of those staff coming under the category of ‘Operational Staff’. The following definition shall be used to define Operational Staff’.
“All non-ministerial non-gazetted Central Government servants directly involved in smooth operation of the office including those tasked with operation of some electrical or mechanical equipment.”
3. In this regard, it is requested to prepare a list of operational staff with full justification based on the above parameters for inclusion of a particular category of staff in the list of operational staff and submit it to this office latest by 04.02.2019.
Assistant Director General (Estt.)