GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2972
TO BE ANSWERED ON3rd AUGUST, 2018
2972.SHRI SATAV RAJEEV:
SHRI DHANANJAY MAHADIK:
SHRIMATI SUPRIYA SULE:
HEENA VIJAYKUMAR GAVIT:
SHRI P.R. SUNDARAM:
SHRI MOHITE PATIL VIJAYSINH SHANKARRAO:
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:
- the number of homoeopathic doctors working in the CGHS Homoeopathy Dispensaries in the country, State/UT-wise;
- whether the Government has any proposal to deploy specialist homoeopathic doctors in CGHS Wellness Centres to treat non-communicable diseases and if so, the details thereof;
- whether only generic homoeopathic drugs are made available to CGHS beneficiary and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has any proposal to include German made homoeopathic medicine in CGHS dispensaries and if so, the details thereof;
- if not, the reasons therefor; and
(0 the corrective steps taken by the Government to make available quality homoeopathic medicines?
THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND
(SHRI ASHWINI ICUMAR CHOUBEY)
- The number of homoeopathic doctors working in the CGHS Homoeopathy Dispensaries in the country is shown at Annexure.
- No; There are no specialists in homoeopathy under CGHS.
- No; CGHS homoeopathic formulary includes 1008 generic and 9 special preparations. Essential non-formulary medicines are indented against individual prescriptions.
(d) & (e):No; there is no proposal to include German made homoeopathic medicine in
CGHS dispensaries as they are not part of formulary. However, essential Gennan made homoeopathic medicines are made available through local purchase to the beneficiaries, when Indian made medicines of same therapeutic indication/ingredients are not available with CGHS.
(0: Following steps have been taken by the Government to make available quality homoeopathic medicines:-
- There is a clause in the e-tender document for procurement of medicines regarding quality assurance.
- The medicines are accepted in the CGHS Homoeopathic dispensaries only if: –
- The lab analytical report of each batch of medicines from the NABL accredited laboratory is enclosed.
- The medicines conform to the Homoeopathic Pharmacopeia of India (HPI) quality
- If any parameter of the batch supplied is found not matching with the HPI quality standard, the sample of the same is further tested from the Govt. Homoeopathic Pharmacopeia Laboratory (HPL) and accepted only if passed in the drug test. No substandard medicine is accepted by the CGHS Homoeopathic Medical Store Depot (HMSD).
STATEMENT SHOWING NUMBER OF HOMOEOPATHIC DOCTORS WORKING IN
CGHS HOMOEOPATHIC DISPENSARIES
|Sanctioned Posts||In position|