Dated 9th July, 2018
Central Board of Direct Taxes,
Sub :- Agitation on 10-Point Charter of Demands — matter regarding
Kindly refer to the above.
2. At the outset, we convey our appreciation at the keenness expressed by your Honour to hear our grievances by holding the meeting on 26/06/2018 with the Central JCA and holding positive discussion on the 10-Point Charter of Demands.
3. We believe that with the extension of your service for another one year as Chairman, CBDT, the performance of the Department will not only improve; but will also achieve the Action Plan Target for this Financial Year.
4. It has been our expectation that your initiative to hold a meeting with the JCA and to discuss the pressing issues being faced by the officers and employees of the Department will resolve the legitimate issues raised by the Central JCA at the earliest and we are still hopeful that in the days to come, with your acumen in administration at the highest level, you will take all necessary initiatives to ensure that the legitimate demands of the promotee officers and employees are duly fulfilled.
5. However, we are constrained to inform you that since the meeting held on 26/06/2018, wherein you had given us assurances, by issuing directions to the concerned authorities for taking immediate initiatives on various issues, no significant action/progress on any issue has been noticed till date. Even the minutes of the meeting held on 26/06/2018 has not yet been provided to us.
6. We had been enthused initially by your assurance, given at the meeting dated 26/06/2018, that you would personally meet Revenue Secretary in the matter of promotion to the cadre of ACIT for the RY 2017-18 and the file in this regard would be processed on 26/06/2018 itself, but we are again constrained to inform you that no sincere efforts have so far been taken by the various wings of the Board to fulfil your assurance. In this connection, we have also liaised with the concerned authorities in the Board, but to no avail, as the things seem to be stuck in the same stage as it was before the meeting held on 26/06/2018.
7. This impasse created has led to huge dissatisfaction and discontent amongst our members and it has become difficult for us to explain the issues as well as your assurances to the members of JCA. As such, we shall be constrained to take recourse to intensify our on-going agitation from 23/07/2018 if no favourable/positive steps are initiated on the following issues by 22/07/2018.
1. Early promotion from ITO to ACIT for the RYs 2017-18 & 2018-19 and Sr.Hindi Translator to AD(OL);
2. Finalisation of all pending Recruitment Rules including the RRs for the cadres of Inspector and Executive Assistant as per suggestions of the JCA;
3. Filling up of all huge vacant posts after obtaining one year relaxation in the existing RRs of TA, STA, Steno, Gr.II (erstwhile), OS and AO;
4. Effect of higher pay scale for Ills and ITOs w.e.f. 01.01.1996 accepting the order of the CAT, Mumbai Bench and effect of higher pay scale to Rs.7450/ – to Inspector, AO & PS w.e.f 1.1.2006 as per judgement of Principal CAT, Delhi;
5. Regularisation of ad-hoc ACsIT of 2014-15, 2015-2016 and 2016-17 Batches;
6. Temporary re-allocation of posts of Inspectors to the charges where stagnation is acute in the cadre of Inspector [e.g. Rajasthan, UP(West), UP (East), Bihar, AP & Telangana, WB Sikkim etc.];
7. Removal of stagnation in the cadre of ITO and revival of the proposal of commensurate posts in AO/PS cadres by taking initiative for the Cadre Review of the Department already fallen due;
8. All Inter charge transferees should be accommodated in the DR quota.
9. Regularisation of casual workers who are covered under Uma Devi judgement; to withdraw the order dated 13th May 2013 on stop payment to casual workers and regularise their pay from the Pr.CCsIT office. To enhance the pay of casual workers as per 7th CPC recommendation and to enhance the pay as per 6th CPC recommendation from 1st January, 2006 instead of 1st July, 2008.
10. Merging of the cadre of Staff Car Drivers with the main stream cadres, with relaxation or to restructure the cadre to reduce huge stagnation.
8. Accordingly, we may inform you that the Central JCA decided to embark on Phase-II of the on-going agitation by intensifying the same with following agitational measures, if no favourable/positive steps are initiated by 22-07-2018, as envisaged in Para 7 above :
JULY 2018 ONWARDS
1) Lunch Hour Demonstration on 23rd July, 2018 in all stations;
2) To boycott Income Tax Day on 24th July 2018 and observing Black Day by wearing Black Ribbons. The members of JCA will not participate in any meeting of the committee that may be constituted for organising this programme immediately after issuance of the Circular of JCA.
3) Black Flag Demonstration on visiting Chairman/Members of CBDT and Officials of Directorates in all income tax offices where they visit.
4) Boycott Outreach programme/Seminar by Officers/Officials (visit to Schools, TDS seminar etc.) 4) Not to attend office on Saturday , Sunday & Holidays by the JCA members.
5) Not to attend any duty in the nature of protocol duty by members of JCA.
AUGUST 2018 ONWARDS
1) From 1st August Non-participation in the Search and seizure operation, Survey including TDS & recovery Survey and spot verification;
2) Mass squatting programme by Office Bearers and Committee Members of the JCA in front of the Chamber/Conference Hall whenever the Video Conference takes place.
3) Observing Day Long Fasting on 9th August, 2018 from 10 AM to 5 PM by the Office Bearers and Committee Members of the JCA at all stations of PCCIT/CCIT/PCIT.
4) Half-a-day (from 2 PM) Walk Out on 28th August 2018.
One day Token Strike on 12TM’ September, 2018 by the members of the JCA.
9. We are highly optimistic that you will give due importance to the issues raised and with your kind intervention, positive/favourable steps will be taken on all the issues and the assurances given by you at the meeting held on 22/06/2018 shall be fulfilled by 22/07/2018, so that the overwhelming frustration and agony of the entire membership of the JCA can be assuaged and we are not led to intensify of the on-going agitation, as stated above, for which we shall not be held responsible. We are sure that a sensible and positive step on the part of the Board would definitely help us to avoid the path of confrontation.
10. In view of the facts narrated above, we would like to urge upon your honour to take necessary action on the legitimate issues raised by the Central JCA, on which you had given us very satisfying assurances at the meeting held on 22/06/2018, by issuing suitable directions to the concerned authorities to take immediate steps to assuage the long-simmering grievances of the promotee officers and employees and to ensure that the assurances given by you are duly honoured.