GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Finance Department,Pension Branch
Writer’s Buildings, Block-IV, 2nd Floor
Kolkata – 700 001
Dated Kolkata, the 6th July,2018
In continuation of this Department’s Memo No.504-F(Pen) dated 12.09.2017 sanctioning installment of relief to the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners with effect from 01.01.2018 onwards, the undersigned is directed to state that the Governor is pleased to decide that the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners shall draw Dearness Relief @ 125% of basic pension with effect from 01.01.2019 onwards in supersession of the rates mentioned in the Memo Dated 12.09.2017 as mentioned above.
2. The Interim Relief granted under Order No.224-F(Pen) dated 03.06.2016 of this Department shall stand discontinued with effect from 1st January.2019.
3. Payment of relief on pension/Family pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. It will now be responsibility of the pension Disbursing Authority to Calculate the quantum of relief on pension/family pension payable to each individual case.
5. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A & E), West Bengal will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and Accountant General of other states.
6. The Treasury/Sub-Treasury Officers in the State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A & E ), west Bengal.
7. The benefit of Dearness Relief as has been sanctioned in the aforesaid Memorandum for the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners will also be allowed to the teaching and non-teaching pensioners/family pensioners of the state aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and Pensioners/family pensioners of Statutory Bodies/Government Undertakings/Panchayats including panchayat karmee and Municipal corporations/Municipalities/Local Bodies etc. Who are in receipt of Dearness Relief 2100% of the basic pension with effect from 01.01.2018 in such cases the respective Administrative Department may sanction the benefit of Dearness Relief @ 125% with effect from 01.01.2019 to the pensioners concerned under their control without making any further reference to the Pension Branch of this control without making any further reference to the pension Branch of this Department.
8. It has also been decided that in the case of Public Undertaking/Statutory Bodies the additional expenditure should be borne by such Undertaking/Statutory Bodies themselves out of their own resources or out of financial assistance provided for them in the budget and that no additional financial assistances will be given to them on account of sanction of this installment of Dearness Relief.
Deputy Secretary to the
Govt. Off West Bengal