O/o the principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad – 211014
Circular No. 198
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
2. The Director of Treasuries of all state
3. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
4. The CDA (PD) Meerut
5. The CDA-Chennai
6. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)
7. The Pay & Accounts Officers
8. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
9. The DPDO
10 The Post Master
Sub: Stoppage of Cash Disbursement to Defence Pensioners.
As per existing provisions, disbursement of defence pension should be made by crediting the amount of pension to bank account of pensioners. However, it is noticed that some PDAs (other than banks) are still making payment of defence pension through cash disbursement.
Cash Disbursement by the Pension Disbursement Authorities has been viewed seriously by the Ministry and it has been strongly recommended that the cash disbursement of pension should be stopped immediately and same should be credited to pensioner?s bank account with immediate effect.
In view of the above, all the PDAs are advised to suggest their defence pensioner who are receiving defence pension in cash from them, to open bank account in authorized Banks and payment of defence pension be credited to that account only.
All the Pension Disbursement Authorities are further advised to ensure that no cash disbursement of defence pension is made by them.