Revision of Scholarship Scheme for the Children of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteen employees out of Discretionary Fund of Director of Canteens.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi, dated 14th February, 2017
Subject:- Revision of Scholarship Scheme for the Children of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteen employees out of Discretionary Fund of Director of Canteens.
The Scheme for grant of scholarship for the children of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens, out of the funds available in the Discretionary Fund of Director of Canteens was introduced vide this Department’s O.M. No. 20/1/88- Dir.(C), dated 3.12.98 and revised vide O.M. No. 20.1.2011-Dir.(C), dated 2.09.2011. In suppression of this office O.M. of even number dated 3.12.1998 and 2.9.2011, the amended scheme has been introduced in consonance of Section 57 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidiaries, Benefits and Services) Act/2016 to encourage higher studies for canteen employees’ children whose past performance had been meritorious. The details of the scholarships being instituted and the considerations which will apply are given below :
The categorical details of the scholarships are as below :-
|SI.NO||Name of Scholorship/Class of Studies||No of Scholorships||Amount of each Scholorship|
|1||Class IX, X or Matriculation||Eight (Four Scholorships per class)||Rs. 750/- per Annum|
|2||Class XI,XII or Intermediate or PUC (for Science Stream)||Four (Two Scholorships per Annum)||Rs.750/- per Annum|
|3||Class XI,XII or Intermediate or PUC (for Non- Science Stream)||Four (Two Scholorships per Annum)||Rs.750/- per Annum|
|4||Under Graduate Studies of three years’ duration (for Science Stream)||Three (One Scholorship per Annum)||Rs.1000/- per Annum|
|5||Under Graduate Studies of three years ‘ duration (for Non – Science Stream)||Three (One Scholorship per Annum||Rs.1000/- per Annum|
|6||Post Graduate studies of two years’ duration (for Science stream)||Two (One Scholorship per class)||Rs.1200/- per Annum|
|7||Post Graduate studies of two years’ duration (for Non – Science stream)||Two (One Scholorship per class)||Rs.1200/- per Annum|
|8||ITI Course/ Diploma Courses in Engineering/ Architecture||One||Rs.1000/- per Annum|
|9||B.E./B.Tech||One||Rs.2500/- per Annum|
|10||Bachelor of Architecture||One||Rs.2500/- per Annum|
|11||MBBS/Medical Couses||One||Rs.2500/- per Annum|
|12||Financial Courses||One||Rs.2500/- per Annum|
3. Awards will be given on yearly basis and every aspirant will have to meet the prescribed norms in regards to the percentage of marks in the previous year of study for being considered for grant of fresh award during the course of his/her studies.The awards will be given strictly in accordance with the principle of the highest one (if there are more than one scholorship) getting the Scholorchip.
(a) Candidates seeking award of Scholorship shouldh have obtained a miinimum of 60% marks in the aggegate in the previous year of examinaton;
(b)Children belonging to SC/ST categories and Handicapped children would be given a relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum standard. 25% of the awards for school level and Under Graduate level studies(Serials(1) to (5) of para (2) will be earmarked for such candidates.However,being an award Scheme there will be no strict applications of general orders relating to SC/ST Physically Handicaped.In the event of the earmarked awards remaininig unutilised due to non-satisfaction of the minimum prescribed norms, the awards will be transferred to the general category;
(c)One Sholorship will be resreved for girl child for class IX X. Notwithstanding the prescribed minimum percentage the award will be given to those securing the highest marks. Only aggregate marks will be taken into account.However, every applicant should have obtained the minimum pass marks in all subjects:
(d)Children of only those Canteen Employees Who are Working in Central Govt.Offices/Establishments and who have been declared as Central Govt.employees will be eligible to apply
(e)The Canteen employees from the Department of Telecommunications. Posts etc. which are already having separate Scholorship Scheme are to certify that their children are not already in receipt of Scholorship under the Schemes of their Department
4. The Scholorship will be awarded considering the performance of the candidates in the previous years of examination. In case the studies were discontinued in the Previous years(s)i.e. prior to the academic year but an applicant othrwise becomes eligible for consideration, detailed justification for break in the studies during the preceding year(s) will have to be submitted. All applications will have to be submitted in the appended format only. Applications will have to be accompanied by the attested true copies of the Mark Sheets given by the recognised Institution such as School.Central/State Boards of Education/Universities. Original certificates will be submitted, if called for, for verification.
5. The late date for receipt of applications in the Office of Director(Canteens) has been extended upto 15.03.2017. It is excepted that awards will be finalised by the month of March of the year. In no case any application received after the prescribed date will be entertained.
6. (i) Individual desirous of availing benefits under the scholorship to wards of employees of Departmental Canteens are required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or Undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(ii) An individual desirous of availing benefits under the said scholorship scheme who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar is herby required to make applicant for Aadhaar enrolement by 28.02.2017, in case he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolement centre(list available at www.uidai.gov.in.)- to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the said scheme shall be given to the individual, subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) Aadhaar enrolement ID, if he has enrolled, or
(ii) A copy of request made for Aadhaar enrolement as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2,and
(b) (i) Bank Passbook with Photo or (ii)Voter’s ID card or (iii) PAN Card or (iv)Passport; or (v) Driving Licence or (vi) Ration Card; or (vii) Photo ID Card issued by the Government
The above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Office of Director (Canteen) in the Department of Personnel and Training
7. Those canteen employees who have already applied scholorship for their ward under the previous scheme, are requested to apply a fresh in revised format incorporating the requirement of documents under para 6 above
8. Applications will be forwarded to the office of the Director(Canteens) through concerned Head of Organisation.
9 . The awards of Scholorships will be decided by a duly designated Committee, as may be final appointed from time to time. The decision taken by the committee will be final and no representation in the matter will be entertained after awards are finalised.
10. It is requested that wide publicity of this Scheme may be given amongst all concerned.
Chief Welfare Officer