Empanelment of Hospitals/Nursing homes and Diagnostic Laboratories for ECHS
Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Delhi Cantt- 110 010
11th Nov 2016
IHQ of MoD (Navy)/Dir ECHS (N)
Air HQ (VB)/DPS
HQ Southern Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Eastern Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Western Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Central Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Northern Command (A/ECHS)
HQ South Western Command (a/ECHS)
HQ Andaman & Nicobar Command (A/ECHS)
All Regional Centre ECHS
EMPANELMENT OF HOSPITALS/NURSING HOMES AND DIAGNOSTIC CENTRES
- Refer Govt of India, Min of Def letter No 22B(01)/2011-WE/D(Res)Part-II dated 10 Nov 2016 (Copy enclosed and soft copy is also uploaded in ECHS website on www. Echs.gov.in)
- Regional centres will initiate action to complete the formalities required for empanelling hospitals approved for empanelment vide letter under reference. A Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) will be signed with each of the Hospital by the Director, Regional Centre ECHS concerned. The MoA will be made on Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) non judicial stamp paper and will be valid for two years from the date of signing of the agreement. The payment for the stamp paper will be made by the empanelled facility. The following documents will be attached to MoA as Annexures:-
(a) Health facilities for which recognised. (copy of Annexure of Govt letter pertaining to hospitals).
(b) Negotiated Rates (Only one rate per code No. as applicable to the medical facility will be mentioned and negotiated rated would be lower than CGHS rates & indicated by asterix.)
- Rates applicable will be as per prevalent CGHS rates/negotiated rates whichever is lower.
Disposal of Application Forms and MoA
- Application forms in respect of the Hospitals approved for empanelment by the Empowered Committee of MoD will be returned by the Central Organisation, ECHS to the Regional Centres concerned from where they originated.
- The application forms will be stored in safe custody of Regional Centres. The application form will NOT be destroyed for two years after termination of the period of validity of the MoA.
- The original and duplicate copies of MoA will be retained by the Regional centres and the empanelled facility respectively. Additional photocopies of MoA alongwith Annexures including rates will be forwarded/distributed as under:-
(a) Central Organisation ECHS.
(b) Concerned Area/Sub Area/Independent Sub Area.
(c) Concerned SEMOs.
(d) Concerned Polyclinics.
(e) Concerned CDAs.
- Formal referrals to empanelled facilities as per laid down procedures can commence after signing of the MoA.
Jt Dir (Med)
Encls As above
No.22B()1)/2011-WE/D(Res) Part II
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Dept of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, th 10th November, 2016
The Managing Director
Central Organisation, ECHS
Maude Line, Delhi Cantt
Subject: EMPANELMENT OF HOSPITALS/NURSING HOMES AND DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES FOR ECHS
1.I am directed to state that in terms of the provisions of Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.22B(04)/2010/US(WE)D(Res) dated 18 Feb 2011 and No.22B(02)/2013/US(WE)D(Res) dated 18 Oct 2013, it has now been decided by the Government, on the basis of recommendations given by the 9th Screening Committee to empanel 217 Private Hospitals/Nursing Homes and Diagnostic Laboratories for different specialities and procedures, as mentioned below, subject to the condition that these hospitals sign the requisite MoA with ECHS:-
- All the terms and conditions including fixation of rates payable to empanelled hospitals will be regulated under Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No22B(04)/2010/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 18 Feb 2011 as amended from time to time.
- The rates for ECHS Hospital/Nursing Home, Dental Centres and Diagnostic Centres as approved by the Empowered Committee will be as per CGHS rates and will be notified by the Director, Regional Centre ECHs to all concerned including polyclinics, SEMOs,CDA/PCDA and Central Organisation ECHS.
- Empanelment of CGHs empanelled hospitals is subject to the hospital providing proof of its being a CGHS empanelled facility as on the date of signing MoA with ECHS.
5.CGHS empanelled medical facilities will be empanelled witn ECHS for the period for which the facilities hold valid MoA with CGHS. The MoA will be extendable once CGHS renew the MoA with the medical facilities.
- NABH accredited medical facilities will be empanelled with ECHS for the period of validity if NABH certificate and the MoA will be renewed once the medical facility is issued revalidation/renewed NABH certificate.
7.The issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Defence (Finance) vide their U.O.No.34(05)/2010/FP Vol.II dated 8.11.2016.
Under Secretary to the Govt of India