Sanction of dearness relief on the Pension of the Pensioners of the State of Madhya Pradesh.
Government of Madhya Pradesh
Mantralaya – Bhopal
Bhopal, dated August, 2007
All Department of Government
The President of Board of Revenue, Gwalior,
All Commissioners of Divisions,
All Heads of Department,
Sub:- Sanction of dearness relief on the Pension of the Pensioners of the State of Madhya Pradesh.
The State Government had sanctioned 20% dearness relief on basic pension and dearness pension/ family pension to their pensioners vide Finance Department Memo No. F-4-2/2007/Rule/IV dated 10 April, 2007. The State Government have now decided that the dearness relief admissible to pensioners should be sanctioned @ 26% w.e.f 1-9-2007 (Pension of the month of September, 2007 payable in October, 2007).
2. The above dearness relief shall be payable on the Superannuation, Retiring, Invalid and Compensation Pension. This dearness relief shall also be payable on the Compassionate Allowance sanctioned to the employees discharged or removed from service and the said dearness relief shall also be payable to persons receiving family pension and extra ordinary pension under the restrictions contained in the Finance Department’s Memo No. F.B.6/43/76/R-II/IV dated 5-10-76. The dearness relief on the pension/ family pension shall not be payable in the cases where the pensioners/ family pensioners are appointed/ re-appointed under the State Government or autonomous institutions. This relief on family pension shall be payable in cases where a person at the time of the death of the spouse was in service and was not appointed on compassionate grounds. This relief on family pension shall not be payable in cases where a person on account of the death of the spouse has been appointed on compassionate grounds. In this connection attention is invited to the provisions contained in Finance Department’s Memo No. F.B.6/10/76/R-II/IV, dated 2-5-77 and Memo No. F-12-5/2007/Rule/IV dated 19-4-2007.
3. Pensioners, who have commuted a part of their pension shall be paid the dearness relief on their original pension (pension before commutation).
4. This order shall be applicable in respect of State Government employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in PSU/Autonomous body/Board/Corporation etc and have become eligible to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension in terms of this Department’s memo No. F 9/9/2006/Rule/IV dated 5-1-2007.
5. Fraction of rupee of the amount to be paid as dearness relief, shall be rounded off to the next rupee.
6. All Treasury Officers/ Sub Treasury Officers/ Pension Disburing Officers are directed to make payment of the above sanctioned dearness relief to State Government Pensioners early, keeping in view the amended provisions of S.R. 347 of the M.P.T.C. Volume-1, issued vide Finance Department’s endorsement No.E.-4/1/83/R-V/IV, dated 29th January, 1983. After payment of dearness relief the same may be got checked from the usual payment authority received from the Accountant General, Madhya Pradesh. If some inaccurancy/discrepancy comes to the notice, the same may be adjusted in the payment on next month.
By order and in the name of the
Governor of Madhya Pradesh
Government of Madhya Pradesh