Minimum Wage for 7th cpc Rs.26000/- and Open Ended Pay Scales-NFIR
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
JCM DELEGATION PROPOSED BEFORE THE 7TH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION
During 2 days deliberations on 23rd & 24th March, 2015, the JCM (Staff Side) delegation have pleaded before the 7th Central Pay Commission to recommend minimum wage of Rs. 26,000/- per month on the basis of 15th ILC Norms/Aykroyd Formula. Some of the important submissions made before the Pay Commission are listed below:
• Wage ratio between the lowest and highest should be 1:8.
• Revised pay scales and allowances should be given effect from 01/01/2014.
• 3.7 multiplication factor should be applied to arrive at the revised pay. Special Pay concept should be restored back.
• HRA should be revised to 60%, 40% and 20% of pay for `X”Y’ and ‘Z’ class localities/cities respectively.
• Children Education Allowance should be revised and extended to cover higher studies also.
• Increment rate should be 5% of pay.
• Five promotions during service.
• Special Duty Allowance for North Eastern Region be revised to 37-1/2%.
• House Building Amount should be increased and interest rate should be reduced.
• 6th CPC Anomalies may be got addressed through a special mechanism.
• Flexi timings for women employees besides additional leave facilities etc.,
• Pay Commission was urged to recommend parity in Pension.
• Minimum Pension should be fixed at 67% of last pay drawn.
• Gratuity amount should be upwardly revised.
All the issues contained in the JCM memorandum were explained to the Commission with cogent logic, merits and Precedents. S/Shri M. Raghavaiah, Leader JCM (Staff Side), Guman Singh, NFIR President, R.P. Bhatnagar, Working President and B.C. Sharma, Joint General Secretary have participated in the deliberations.
No.IV/NFIR/7TH CPC/Corres/Pt.V Dated : 28/03/2015
Forwarded to Affiliates & Media Centre/NFIR.
(Dr M. Raghavaiah)