Government of West Bengal
Writers’ Buildings, Block-IV
2nd Floor, Kolkata-700 001.
No. 35-F (Pen). Dated, Kolkata, the 21st January, 2015.
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners whose pension/family pension has not been revised in terms of F.D. Memo No. 200-F(Pen) and No. 201-F(Pen) both dated 25.02.2009 @ 139% with effect from 01.01.2015.
In continuation of this Department Memo No. 553-F(Pen) dated 24.12.2013 sanctioning instalment of relief with effect from 01.01.2014 to the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners whose pension/family pension has not been revised in terms of F.D. Memo No. 200-F(Pen) and No. 201-F(Pen) both dated 25.02.2009, the undersigned is directed to state that the Governor is pleased to decide that such State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners shall draw Dearness Relief @ 139% of basic pension and dearness pension taken together with effect from 01.01.2015 onwards in supersession of the rate mentioned in the Order dated 24.12.2013 as mentioned above.
2. The calculation of Dearness Relief shall be made taking into account the Basic Pension and Dearness Pension as introduced in this Department Memo No. 2415-F dated 27.3.2007.
3. Payment of relief on Pension/Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. It will now be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority to calculate the quantum of relief on Pension/Family Pension payable to each individual case and to make necessary adjustment for overpayment/underpayment, if any.
5. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal, will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other States.
6. The Treasury/Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
Commissioner to the
Government of West Bengal.