“Reducing the retirement age of central government employees from 60 to 58 will help to solve the unemployment problem in India?”
1) Introducing new employment policies
2) Filling all the positions lying vacant and
3) Promoting self-employment by introducing new schemes and providing suitable facilities and many more ways can help to solve the problem of unemployment.
Increasing the retirement age from 60 to 62 for scientists:
In the Rajya Sabha, for a question raised on increasing the retirement age for scientists from 60 to 62 in written format, the response given was: “it is under consideration”.
The important reasons for increasing the retirement age for scientists are:
1) Their experience and expertise should benefit the younger generation and
2) The average life span has increased.
“Isn’t there a need to increase the retirement age of employees working in other fields?”
Extra allowance that has to be paid is cited as a reason for bringing down the retirement age of employees from 60 to 58. However, in reality, the pay commission is set up only once in 10 years and benefits the central government employees.