Arrears of Dearness Relief on Pension
/ Family Pension w.e.f.lst January, 2013 to 30th April, 2013.
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASFITRA
Government Resolution, No. DRP-20 I 3/C,R.42/SER-4,
Mantralaya, Mumbai- 400 032, dated 8th July, 2013
Read.-Government Resolution,Finance Department,No. DRP-2013/CR.42/SER-4, dated 22’d May,2013.
The rate of dearness relief with effect from 1st January, 2013 to the State Government pensioners /family pensioners on their Basic pension/Family Pension and Dearness pension/ Dearness family pension(if any) have been enhanced from 72% to 80% vide Government Resolution referred above. The amount of Dearness relief have been paid in cash w.e.f. 1st May, 2013.
2. Government has decided to pay the the amount of dearness relief to the State Government pensioners /family pensioners on their Basic Pension/Family Pension and Dearness pension/ Dearness family pension(if any) w.e.f. 1st January, 2013 to 30th April, 2013 in cash.
3. Government is pleased to decide that It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority, i.e. Pay and Accounts Officer, Mumbai/Treasury Officers, as the case may be, to calculate the quantum of dearness relief payable in each individual case.
4. Government is also pleased to direct that above decision should, mutatic inutandis,. apply to. those employees including family pensioners of Recognised and Aided Educational Institutit)ns, Non-Agricultural Universities and Affiliated Non-Government Colleges and Agricultural Universities to whom the pension scheme is made applicable.
5. In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Section 248 of the Maharashtra Zilla Parishads and Panchayat Samities Act, 1961 (Mali. V of 1962) and of all the other powers enabling it in that behalf, Government is further pleased to decide that the above decision shall apply to the pensioners including family pensioners of Zilla Parishads,
7. State Government Employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous•body/Local Bodies and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of Government Resolution, Finance Department, No. COP1099/306/SER-4, dated 15th Novermkr 1999 will also be entitled to the payrrient dearness relief on full pension as Per the provisions of Government Resolution, Finance Department, No. COP-1001/50/SER-4, dated 9th April 2001, at the prescribed rate and from the date, prescribed in paragraph I above.
8. The expenditure on this account should be debited to the Budget Heads to which the retirement benefits of the employees mentioned in the above Paras are debited and should be met from the grants sanctioned thereunder.
9. All orders in force in regard to the payment of .relief on pension sanctioned by Government from time to time will, tnutatis mutandis, apply to the dearness relief now sanctioned.
10. This Government Resolution is available on the web site of Government of Maharashtra i.e.-“www.maharashtra.gov.in” and its computer code number is 201307081310051605.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Maharashtra,
Under Secretary to Government