Government of India
Ministry of Defence
(Department of Defence)
D (Civ-II) Section
B-Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi
Subject: Grant of eligibility to the Defence civilian employees for the General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) allotted by the Directorate of Estates -Representation from BPMS
The undersigned is to refer to Ministry of Urban Development’s OM No. 12033/4/67- Po1.11 dated 3rd, October, 1969 on the subject — ‘Eligibility of the staff of Central Government Office for allotment of residential accommodation from the General Pool-Criteria regarding’ and to say that a number of defence civilian employees working in many Defence establishments located in Delhi/New Delhi/Delhi Cantt are not able to avail the facility of GPRA for the reason that their offices have not been declared “eligible offices” for allotment of GPRA allotted by Directorate of Estates (DoE). The small quota of 15% of residential accommodation of the Defence/Army Pool is grossly inadequate and therefore it causes extreme hardship to the defence civilian employees who have to make their own arrangement for residential accommodation.
2.It has been noticed that Dte of Estates has already granted eligibility for GPRA to majority of defence establishments in Delhi. The defence civilian employees serving in these defence establishments are already availing the facilities of Residential Accommodation of Dte of Estates. Only a few defence establishments are not covered in the list of eligible offices maintained by the Dte of Estates and a list of 8 such defence establishments in Delhi is at Annexure.
3. In view of the hardship being experienced by the Civilian employees of these eight defence establishments, it is requested that eligibility code for allotment of General Pool Residential accommodation (GPRA) to the staff of these defence establishments/offices may please be allotted. It is certified that the essential requirements, listed below, for a Central Government offices to be treated as ‘eligible offices’ for the purpose of the allotment of Government Residences (General Pool in Delhi) Rules, 1963, are fulfilled by these offices/defence establishments:
- These offices/establishments have been situated in Delhi/New Delhi/Delhi Cantt since decades and in most of the cases before independence.
- They are attached/subordinate offices of Ministry of Defence under Government of India.
- The salary of their employees is paid from the Consolidated Fund of India
- 15% quota of residential accommodation of the Defence/Army Pool is not
4. This issues with the approval of Defence Secretary.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tele: 2301 1681
Director of Estates
Ministry of Urban Development
(Directorate of Estates)- Pol. IV
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi
Annexure to MoD OM No. 17(19)/2014/D(Civ-II) dated ? 7th July 2017
LIST OF 08 DEFENCE ESTABLISHMENTS/OFFICES IN DELHI / NEW DELHI / DELHI CANTT TO BE GRANTED ELIGIBILITY FOR ALLOTMENT OF GENERAL
POOL RESIDENTIAL ACCOMMODATION (GPRA):
Name and address of the Office/Defence establishment
No. of houses already
provides 15% accommodation in their Central Pool for allotment to the defence civilian employees on the basis of seniority. However, in view of large number of defence civilians
505 Army Base
Military Farm-1, West Block-III, RK Puram.
`B’ Wing, Sena
(3B), Army HQ, L- Block, Church Road, New Delhi.
HQ, Technical Group EME, Delhi Cantt. 110010.
DG Armed Forces
(DG-2B), M Block,
Church Road, New
Support Depot, Delhi Cantt.