FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS ABOUT CGHS
1. Who are entitled for CGHS facilities
1. All Central Govt. employees and their dependant family members residing in CGHS covered areas.
2. Central Govt. Pensioners and their eligible family members getting pension from Central Civil Estimates
3. Sitting and Ex-Members of Parliament
4. Ex-Governors & Lt.Governors
5. Freedom Fighters
6. Ex-Vice Presidents
7. Sitting and Ex-Judges of Supreme Court & High Courts
8. Employees and pensioners of certain autonomous organizations in Delhi
9. Journalists (in Delhi) Accredited with PIB
(for OPD & at RML Hospital)
10. Delhi Police Personnel posted in Delhi
11. Railway Board employees
2. In how many cities CGHS is presently operative?
CGHS facilities are available in 25 cities in India
1. Ahmedabad 2. Allhabad 3. Bengaluru 4. Bhopal 5. Bhubaneswar 6. Kolkata 7. Chandigarh 8. Chennai 9. Dehradun 10. Delhi & NCR 11. Guwahati 12. Hyderabad 13. Jabalpur, 14. Jaipur 15. Jammu 16. Kanpur 17. Lucknow 18. Meerut 19. Mumbai 20. Nagpur 21. Patna 22. Pune 23. Ranchi 24. Shillong 25. Thiruvananthapuram
3. For CGHS cards, as dependant, what is the meaning of the word “family”
The term ‘family’ means and includes:-
1. Husband or wife as the case may be and other dependant family members.
2. Dependant Family Members:
Parents, sisters, widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and minor sister, children and step-children wholly dependent upon the Government Servant and are normally residing with the Government Servant.
Also now included, dependent divorced/separated daughters (including their dependant minor children) and step-mother.
Also read - HRA Loss Calculator
3. The term dependency means that income from all sources including pensions and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs. 3500/- plus amount of DA on Basic pension of Rs. 3500/- per month.
However, there is no such clause as dependency in respect of spouse.
4. What is the procedure to register with the CGHS?
1. One can get a CGHS card made from the office of AD/JD of the City.
2. Forms can be downloaded from CGHS Website or can be taken from office of AD/JD of city.
3. Documents required
i. Application in prescribed format
ii. Proof of Residence/ proof of Stay of dependents
iii. Proof of age of son
iv. Disability certificate, if any in case of sons aged 25 & above, who would otherwise cease to be a beneficiary.
v. Photos of eligible family members
vi. Surrender Certificate of CGHS Card while in service (only in those cases where CGHS Card was issued while in service)
vii. Attested copies of PPO & Last Pay Certificate
viii. Draft for required amount towards CGHS contribution – in the name of ‘P.A.O., CGHS New Delhi’ in Delhi – and in the name of ‘AD, CGHS of the city’.
ix. In case PPO is not ready for any reason there is option to get a provisional card on the basis of Last Pay Certificate.
x. The data is entered through computers and entered in data base and a print out is issued same day for immediate use. Plastic cards are subsequently sent to the residence of the card holder by post.
Serving employees submit the forms in prescribed format enclosing photos of eligible family members and submit to the Ministry/ Department/Office, where he/ she is employed. The application form shall be forwarded by the Ministry/Office/Department to the office of Addl.Director CGHS of city for preparation of card.