Monitoring of timely submission of pension papers to PAO/CPAO by the HOO/DDO through ‘Web Responsive Pensioners’ Service’ of CPAO.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting Office
Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Cama Place,
New Delhi – 110066
Phones: 26174596, 26174456, 26174438
Subject: Monitoring of timely submission of pension papers to PAO/CPAO by the HOO/DDO through ‘Web Responsive Pensioners’ Service’ of CPAO.
1. Kind attention of FAs is invited to minutes of FA’s Conference held on 3rd June, 2016 under the chairmanship of Finance Secretary. In Para-5, it is minuted that “In this regard Finance Secretary mentioned about the delays in finalising pension matters and asked FAs to keep track of progress of cases of employees retiring within a year”. Further, the action point at Para-12(i) reads as “A list of employees retiring within one year should be prepared by 15.06.2016 and their formalities should be completed so that complaints from pensioners are reduced to the minimum. Administration division of each Ministry/department should be sensitized in this regard”.
2. The quick disposal of grievances of pensioners has been on top priority of CPAO. For this purpose, a Grievance Cell is functioning in CPAO and grievances received through different modes are settled by it. Subject wise categorization of grievances reveals that most of the grievances arise due to delay in start of pension in fresh pension cases. The reason for this delay is mainly because of late receipt of Pension Payment Orders (PPO) of the pensioners by CPAO. The PPO of a retiring government employee must be received in CPAO by the last day of the preceding month of retirement, however, as per report generated by CPAO, only 1.7 per cent PPOs had been received in time in CPAO during the financial year 2015-16. This is because of late submission of pension papers by the concerned HOOs/DDOs to their Pay and Accounts Officers (PAOs). Rule 56 of CCS(Pension) Rules provides that “every Head of Department shall have a list prepared every three months each year, of all Government servants who are due to retire within the next twelve/fifteen months and a copy of each such list shall be supplied to the Accounts Officer concerned”. The objective of preparation of this list is to monitor the timely submission of pension papers by the HOOs to PAOs. However, in majority of cases, provisions of Rule-56 have not been followed and in the manual system, monitoring of the timely preparation of such lists is difficult for the ministries/departments.
3. To fill this gap, facility to upload quarterly lists of retiring government servants and monitoring thereof by the higher authorities has been developed in the CPAO website www.cpao.nic.in under the Web Responsive Pensioners’ Service. HOOs/DDOs are required to prepare quarterly lists of retiring government employees and furnish the same to concerned Pay and Accounts Officers who in turn will upload the list on CPAO website. For monitoring of this work, login IDs & Passwords have been created for CCAs, JS (Admin) and Financial Advisors in the CPAO website along with Dashboards and meaningful MIS reports through which timely preparation/uploading of quarterly lists and submission of pension papers thereof by the HOOs/DDOs can be monitored. This facility to FAs is provided to facilitate the decision taken in the FA’s conference held on 3rd June, 2016 under the chairmanship of Finance Secretary to keep track of progress of cases of employees retiring within a year.
4. In view of above, FAs are requested to use this online monitoring facility on timely preparation/uploading of quarterly lists and submission of pension papers and kindly intervene in case of delays in this regard by DDOs/HODs by taking up matter with concerned HOD/JS (Admin) so that delay in finalization of pension cases and resultant pensioners’ grievances may be avoided. The online monitoring facility is also provided to JS (Admin) of ministries/departments as well as to CCAs.
5. For familiarization with this facility, login id & password and step by step user guidance along with relevant screenshots are attached.
6. In case of any difficulty in using this facility, Sh. Davinder Kumar, Technical Director, NIC, CPAO may be contacted on Telephone No. 011-26715338 or through email – [email protected]
This issues with the approval of Finance Secretary.
Chief Controller (Pension)