Notification issued by the Judicial Committee on OROP.
Date: 02.08.2016 New Delhi
Government of India in Ministry of Defence, Department of Ex-Servicemen, constituted through is order dated 14.12.2015, a Committee to examine and make recommendations on references pertaining to the implementation of OROP scheme, framed by them. A public notice was issued on 13.04.2016, inviting representations from Defence forces, Pensioners/Family Pensioners, Defence Pensioners Associations by 29.04.2016 regarding anomalies, if any, in implementation of the scheme. The date of receiving representations was extended upto 15.05.2016.
2. Taking into account, the various representations that were received in response to the public notice, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence referred the following questions to the Commission, through their letter dated 20th July, 2016.
(i) Whether the benefit of OROP is to be extended to Reservists.
(ii) Whether the decision to grant benefit of MACP under OROP only to Pensioners who have actually earned requires any modification.
(iii) Whether pension tables for more than 33 years of qualifying service are to be prepared.
(iv) Whether the methodology followed for fixation of pension under ORRP in the absence of actual retirees in the same rank and same qualifying service for the below mentioned categories requires any modification:
(a) Regular Lt. & Capt. Getting same pension as Honorary Lieutenant & Captain.
(b)Doctors of AMC/ADC/RVC for the rank of Lieutenant, Captain &
Major under OROP getting same as Hony Lt & Hony Capt.
(c) Doctors of AMC/ADC/RVC for the rank getting lower than the regular commissioned officers of the rank of Major.
(d) TA personnel for the rank of Captain/Major and Lt Col getting the same pension.
(e) Lieutenant/Captain and Major in MNS category where data is blank.
(0 Rank of Major in Regular Commissioned Officers getting less than Major in EC and SSC category.
- Whether the methodology followed for fixation of pension under OROP for invalidated out war injury pensioners and liberalized family pensioners requires any modification in pension fixation formula.
- Whether in the case of JCO/ORS, the pension is to be paid on the basis of the last rank held instead of last rank pensioned under OROP.
3. The Commission proposes to have the benefit of the views of Defence Forces pensioners, Family Pensioners, as well as the three service Headquarters of Army, Navy and Air Force, to enable it to submit a report on the questions referred to it.
4. With a view to facilitate and enable the Ex-servicemen to make the representations at places easily accessible to them, it is proposed; to hold the hearings at the following places where the density of exservicemen/pensioners is high; and on the dates indicated below:
|S.No.||Place of Visit||Date of Visit|
Such of the Ex-Servicemen/Associations who intend to appear before the commissions to make representations, may avail the facility at the stations mentioned above nearest to their places of their residence. The timings of the sittings at each place and the venue will be informed shortly before the sittings at the concerned place.