Nomination facility to pensioners/family pensioners for drawing life time arrears of pension/family pension under payment of arrears of (Nomination), Rules 1983, clarification thereof.
Circular No. 145
O/o the Pr. C.D.A. (P),
1. The C.M.Ds, Public Sector Banks ……………
2. The Director of Treasuries of all states …………………
3. The Pr. CDA (W.C.), Chandigarh
4. The CDA (PD), Meerut
5. The CDA, Chennai
6. Nodal Officer of ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, Axis Bank and HDFC Bank.
7. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal
8. The Pay & Accounts Officers ………………
9. The Post Master ……………………….
Sub:- Nomination facility to pensioners/family pensioners for drawing life time arrears of pension/family pension under payment of arrears of (Nomination), Rules 1983, clarification thereof.
Also read - HRA Loss Calculator
- Govt of India, Deptt. of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare OM No. 43/4/95- P&95-P&PW (G) dated 30.10.1995 (copy enclosed) provides that “in the event of death of a family pensioner, the right to receive any arrears of family pension would automatically pass on to the eligible members of a family next in line in accordance with Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rules 1972. The requirement of succession certificate for payment of any arrear should he required only in cases, where there is no eligible family member as defined in Rule 54, after the death of a family pensioner.”
- However, no such similar provisions were in existence for Defence pensioners. Accordingly the matter was referred to Ministry of Defence for extending the above said provisions to Defence pensioners also.
- Ministry of Defence, vide their letter No. 1(16)/2009-D(Pen/Policy) dated 15.03.2010 (copy enclosed) have now decided that provisions of Govt of India, Deptt. of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare OM No. 43/4/95-P&95- P&PW (G) dated 30.10.1995 will apply mutatis-mutandis to the Armed forces Personnel.
- In view of the above, it is requested that all pension paying branches/treasuries/DPDOs/PAOs under your jurisdiction may be instructed to keep in mind the above provisions while regulating the life time arrears of pension/family pension.
Dy. CDA (P)