Mode of remittance of overpaid amount of Defence Pension & the amount wrongly debited to the Defence Pension Account by the Public Sector Banks.
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
(PENSION) DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
Circular No – 172
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P.B. No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai – 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers (ICICI/IDBI/AXIS/HDFC Bank)
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD) Meerut
8. The CDA – Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries of all state ….
10. The Pay & Accounts Officers, Delhi Administration, RK puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay & Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject:- Mode of remittance of overpaid amount of Defence Pension & the amount wrongly debited to the Defence Pension Account by the Public Sector Banks.
The payment of Defence pension to the Defence Pensioners/ Family pensioners (including Defence Civilians) are disbursed by the Public Sector Banks as per the instructions contained in the Scheme for payment of pension to the Defence Pensioners by Public Sector Banks.
Also read - HRA Loss Calculator
It has been observed that the amount excess credited in the account of Defence pensioners after their death or the amount wrongly debited to the Defence Pension Accounts due to any other reason are being passed on by the PSBs through Demand Drafts/ Cheques in favour of this office. A large number of D.Ds. / Cheques are being received from the PSBs for which MROs are required to be prepared and presented in the Bank by this office. Since the validity period of the Demand Drafts/ Cheques have been reduced and it is only three months from the date of its issue therefore considerable numbers of Demand Drafts/Cheques become time barred before its receipt in this office or before its realisation in the account of the PCDA (P) Allahabad.
In view of the position explained above it is requested that all paying branches/ CPPCs making/ authorising payment of Defence pension/ family pension to the Defence Pensioners/ Family pensioners (including Defence Civilians) under your jurisdiction may be advised/ instructed that they must submit only credit scrolls only in the following cases while furnishing e-scrolls/ hard copy of the scrolls to this office.
1. In case of lump-sum recovery on account of all types of overpayment.
2. In case of recovery against excess credit of amount in the account of deceased Defence pensioners/ Family Pensioners and
3. In case of Wrong Debit (the amount wrongly debited to the Defence Pension Accounts) cases. (In case of wrong debit cases “Credit scrolls for wrong debit” along with details of the payee should invariably be mentioned)