Loss of Pension Payment Order: Issue of Duplicate copy thereof.
Circular No 137
No. AT/Tech/7 Vol-IX
O/o the Pr. C.D.A. (P), Allahabad
- The CDA (PD), Meerut
- The CDA, Chennai
- The Director of Treasuries ……….
- The Managing Director, Public Sector Banks ………….
- The Military and Air Attache, I.E. Kathmandu, Nepal
- The Pay & Accounts Officers …………..
- The Post Master ……………
- Nodal Officer of Private Sector Banks ……….
Sub: Loss of Pension Payment Order: Issue of Duplicate copy thereof.
Procedure for issue of duplicate copy of pension payment order in lieu of lost one are contained in para 5.1 and 5.2 of Defence Pension Payment Instructions 2005 and para 9.1 of Scheme for Payment of Pension to Defence Pensioners by Public Sector Banks (Revised Edition 1987). According to which, if a pension payment order issued by the Pension Sanctioning Authority is lost, duplicate copy thereof may be obtained by the Pension Disbursing Authorities from the concerned Pension Sanctioning Authority, on furnishing a loss certificate stating the purpose for issue of duplicate PPO.
Of late it is noticed that PDAs, while forwarding the loss certificate do not furnish full details of their address alongwith legible official seal as well as full details of pensioner and the purpose of requesting for issue of duplicate PPO.
In the absence of above informations there always occurs delay in issue of duplicate copy of PPO, leading to complaints from pensioners.
In view of the above, it is requested that all pension paying offices/ Treasuries/pension paying branches/DPDOs under your jurisdiction may be instructed to furnish the following documents/informations invariably, while requesting the Pension Sanctioning Authorities for issue of duplicate copy of Pension Payment Orders.
- Loss certificate duly stamped with legible official seal.
- Full details of address of PDA viz Postal address with PIN code and state where PDA is situated.
- Full details of pensioners viz PPO No. and year of issue, name of the pensioner, nature of pension etc.
- Purpose for issue of duplicat PPO i.e. for payment purpose or otherwise.
- When PPO is lost before first payment, a declaration from the pensioner that no payment has been received and a non payment certificate from the PDA concerned, should invariably be enclosed alongwith the loss certificate.