Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to ‘Jangi Inam’ (Pre-Independence Gallantry Award)
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNT (PENSION), DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
Circular No – 463
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. of Govt. Bank Account Central Office, C-7 IInd Floor Bandre Kurla Complex, P.B. No. 8143 Bandre East, Mumbai – 400051.
2. All CMDs of Public Sector Banks
3. CMD of ICICI Bank
4. CMD of IDBI Bank
5. CMD of Axis Bank
6. CMD of HDFC Bank
7. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
8. The PCDA (WC), Chandimandir, Chandigarh
9. The PCDA (Navy), Cooperage Road, Mumbai – 400039
10. CDA (PD) Meerut,
11. CDA Chennai
12. Director Treasuries Officers.
13. The Pay and Accounts Office
14. Pay and Accounts Office, Government of Maharashtra, Mumbai.
15. The Post Master Kathua (J&K), Camp Bell Bay (A & N)
Subject:- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to ‘Jangi Inam’ (Pre-Independence Gallantry Award)
Reference:- This office Circular No. 359 dated 16.01.2007
A Copy of GOI, MOD letter No. 7(119)/2008-D (AG) dated 30.03.2011 on the above subject is enclosed herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. With the issue of ibid Govt. order, the rate of ‘Jangi Inam’ has been enhanced to Rs. 500/- pm to all categories of Jangi Awardees and their legal heirs of World War I (two lives) and World War II (one life only).
3. The other terms and conditions governing the grant of ‘Jangi Inam’ will remain unchanged.
4. These orders will take effect from 30.03.2011.
5. The payment of ‘Jangi Inam’ at enhanced rate will be subject to all other conditions governing the payment of Gallantry Award. The payment may please be made at the enhanced rate after determining the eligibility in each case by a careful scrutiny of PPO notifying the award.
Also read - HRA Loss Calculator
No 7(119)/2008-D (AG)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Dated the 30th March, 2011
The Chief of Army Staff,
The Chief of Navy Staff,
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject:- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to ‘Jangi Inam’ (a Pre-Independence Gallantry Award)
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No 7(34)/2006-D (AG) dated 13 Oct. 2006 and 7(67)/92/D(AG) dated 18 May 1995 on the above subject and to convey the sanction of the President to the enhanced payment of Rs. 500/- P.M. to all categories of Jangi Awardees and their legal heirs of World War I (Two lives) and World War II (one life only) with effect from the date of issue of this letter.
2. The other terms and conditions governing the grant of ‘Jangi Inam’ will remain unchanged.
3. The expenditure incurred will be debitable to the relevant Heads of Defence Service Estimates.
4. The payment of this enhanced monetary allowance will be subject to all other terms and conditions contained in this Ministry’s letter referred to above.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance (Deptt. of Expenditure) vide their ID No. 7/67/E.III A/98 dated 17.03.2011.
(J. Roy Chowdhury)
Under Secretary to the Govt of India