The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015
The Gazette of India
PART II — Section 1
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
No. 6] NEW DELHI, FRIDAY, JANUARY 1, 2016/PAUSHA 11, 1937 (SAKA)
Separate paging is given to this Part in order that it may be filed as a separate compilation.
MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 1st January, 2016/Pausha 11, 1937 (Saka)
THE PAYMENT OF BONUS (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2015
NO. 6 OF 2016
[31st December, 2015.]
An Act further to amend the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Sixty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. (1) This Act may be called the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of April, 2014.
2. In section 2 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in clause (13), for the words “ten thousand rupees”, the words “twenty-one thousand rupees” shall be substituted.
3. In section 12 of the principal Act,—
(i) for the words “three thousand and five hundred rupees” at both the places where they occur, the words “seven thousand rupees or the minimum wage for the scheduled employment, as fixed by the appropriate Government, whichever is higher” shall respectively be substituted;
(ii) the following Explanation shall be inserted at the end, namely:—
‘Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, the expression “scheduled employment” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (g) of section 2 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948.’.
4. In section 38 of the principal Act, for sub-section (1), the following sub-section shall be substituted, namely:—
“(1) The Central Government may, subject to the condition of previous publication, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.”
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India