The Indian Labour Conference (ILC) is the apex level tripartite consultative committee in the Ministry of Labour & Employment to advise the Government on the issues concerning working class of the country. The Standing Labour Committee (SLC), a tripartite body is a pre-cursor to the Indian Labour Conference. The standing Labour Committee after detailed deliberations finalized agenda for the next Indian Labour Conference. As a matter of practice, and to maintain continuous dialogue with social partners, meetings of these apex bodies are convened once in a year to discuss the topical issues concerning labour. All the 12 Central Trade Union Organisations, Central Organisations of employers, all State Governments and Union Territories and Central Ministries/Departments concerned with the agenda items, are the members of the ILC and SLC.
2. As a pre-cursor to the 46th Session of the Indian labour Conference (to be held on July 20-21, 2015 in New Delhi) it has been decided to convene a short session of the 47th Session of the Standing Labour Committee on 10th July, 2015 under the Chairmanship of Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge). The agenda for the 47th Session of Standing Labour Committee (SLC) is Updation/Revision of the Agenda set by the 46thSession of the Standing Labour Committee on 31st January 2014 for the next ILC. The Standing Labour Committee in its 46th Session finalized four items of Agenda that includes:
1) Review on implementation of the conclusions/ recommendations of the 43rd, 44th and 45th Indian Labour Conference, particularly on Contract Labour, Minimum Wages and Scheme Workers and Tripartite Mechanism,
2) Social Security for the workers both in organized and unorganized sectors,
3) Removing Micro and Small Enterprises from purview of Factories Act – especially those section/clauses which require them to obtain licence to operate and require them to deposit fees for electric inspection, and
4) Amendment of Bonus Act – Removal of conditions on payment ceiling, eligibility limits, decisions to pay minimum bonus without linking to loss when the performance indicator satisfy grant of bonus.