GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION AND IT
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
DAK BHAWAN, SANSAD MARG, NEW DELHI – 110 001
THE 16th April, 2015
ALL HEADS OF CIRCLES,
ALL GM (PAF/DAS(P),
ALL DIRECTORS POSTAL STAFF COLLEGE INDIA/PTCs.
Sub: Monetary ceiling of briefcase/ladies purses for official purposes – reg.
I am directed to say that considering the suggestions of circle offices regarding issue related to increase/revise the monetary ceiling of financial limits of expenditure/reimbursement of expenditure on purchase of brief-cases/ladies purses for official purpose by the eligible/entitled officers, it has been decided by the competent authority to increase/revise the financial limits of reimbursement as under:-
|Sl.No.||Rank of Officer/Grade Pay||Upper cost of ceiling||Periodicity|
|1.||Chief Postmaster General||Rs. 8000/-||3 years|
|2.||Regional Postmaster General||Rs. 6500/-||3 years|
|3.||Directors Postal Services and equivalent||Rs. 5000/-||3 years|
|4.||Sr. Superintendent/Superintendent and equivalent||Rs. 4000/-||3 years|
|5.||Ips/ASPs and equivalent||Rs. 3500/-||3 years|
3. This is subject to the following term and conditions:-
- The entitled officers/officials are free to procure briefcases/ladies purses of their own choice from any of the private/public outlet. However, reimbursement shall be restri cted to the above mentioned ceiling concomitant with the respective level/grade pay of officers/officials.
- The periodicity of such briefcases/ladies purses should not exceed for 3 years’ time in any case
- The declaration should be obtained from the eligible/entitled officer at the time of reimbursement that no Brief Case/Ladies Purse has been supplied/reimbursed to him/her within the last three years.
- The above ceiling is effective from the date of issue of this order.
4. The expenditure in this connection will be meet by the Circle/Region/Division and Unit concerned.
5. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Assistant Director General (Estt.)
Section Officer (PAP)