AIBOC Circular Dated: 17/01/2015
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS’ CONFEDERATION
(Registered under the Trade Unions Act 1926, Registration No.:3427/Delhi)
C/o Bank of India, Parliament Street Branch
PTI Building, 4, Parliament Street, New Delhi: 110001
Phone:011-23730096 Tel/Fax 23719431
E-Mail: [email protected]
Circular No. 2015/07
TO GENERAL SECRETARIES OF ALL AFFILIATES/STATE SECRETARIES
OUR FOUR DAYS STRIKE CALL FROM 21ST TO 24TH JANUARY, 2015
LET US PUT OUR PLANS AND PROGRAMMES IN PLACE
Please refer to our Circular No. 2015/02, 2015/03, 2015/04 and 2015/06, advising you about the latest developments that have taken place in the Conciliation Meeting with CLC held on 5th January,
2015, the Bipartite Meetings with IBA on 6 th and 7 th January, 2015, and details of the meeting of Sub-Committee on the issues of Comprehensive Accountability Policy, Five days Banking and Regulated Working Hours. Comrdes, we are well aware that we have been pushed to the brink of ‘Now or Never situation’ and our members will appreciate that we have continuously and vigorously being following up for improvements in Wage hike and keeping our rank and file apprised of the developments in this regard. Since, we were on the negotiation table with the IBA, the strike for 7 th January, 2015, was called off. We were expecting improvement in their offer from 12.5% as per the promise made by them during the discussions on 7 th January, 2015; therefore, all our agitational programmes were put on hold to facilitate a congenial atmosphere for the negotiations. UFBU now feels that there appears no intention of IBA to have any negotiations before the scheduled strike and has called a meeting on 19th January, 2015, to review the present position to make the strike a grand success and also to decide the future course of action.
Comrades, since the time left at our disposal will be very short and we know that all our members are eagerly waiting for the action programmes declared by UFBU, we call upon you all to be in all preparedness and meanwhile, suggest some of the following actions for our Affiliates and State Units:
1. Hold emergency State Committee Meetings to brief about the developments so far,
2. A fast communication channel should be evolved so that the message about the UFBU’s decision on 19th January is percolated down to the cadre in the fastest mode,
3. Try to finalise the place of Demonstration / Rally / Dharna in consultation with the UFBU State Committees before hand,
4. To keep ready the draft posters, which can be printed immediately (if no common poster is designed at apex level),
5. To keep liaisoning ready with the press so that the common press releases which may be issued at the apex level is ensured to find a place in the press at the earliest.
Comrades, we assure you that your feelings and expectations will certainly be conveyed and discussed at the right forum but ultimate decision/s will be taken considering the circumstances at that point of time.
“Fear is for the powerless. Fear is for the alone. But as we stand together now, we are neither of those”.
March on Comrades……….
With revolutionary greetings,