Till he starts earning or attains the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier.
Till she starts earning or gets married, irrespective of the age limit, whichever is earlier.
Son suffering from any permanent disability
2 of any kind (physical or mental)
Irrespective of age limit.
Dependent divorced/abandoned or separated from their husband/ widowed daughters and dependent unmarried/divorced/abandoned or separated from their husband/ widowed sisters
Irrespective of age limit.
Upto the age of becoming a major.
Age Limit for Dependent Children of Government Servants for availing Medical Facilities under CGHS
ENTITLEMENT FOR ECHS MEMBERSHIP
1. Further to central Org ECHS letter No B/49764/AG/ECHS dated 10 Oct 2003.
2. With imediate effect, ECHS facilities have been extend to dependents as applicable in CGHS vide MH & FW letter No 4-24/9G-C&P/CGHS (P) dt 31 May 2007 (Copy attached)
Annexure 3. VA : Age Limit for Dependent children
Text of MH & FW OM No. 4-24/96-C&P/CGHS/CGHS(P), dt. 31.5.2007
Age Limit for Dependent Children of Government Servants and Pensioners for availing Medical Facilities under CGHS and Central Services (MA) Rules, 1944
The undersigned is directed to state that the age limit for dependent sons and daughters was earlier fixed vide Office Memorandum, No, B-12014/7/92-CGHS(P)dt. 31st December, 1993, issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, according to which for sons to be dependent on his father/mother, he had to be less than 25 years of age or till he started earning, whichever was earlier.
As a result of stay granted by the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in Civil Miscellaneous Petition No. 115/97 in Civil Writ Petition No. 2542 of 1996 in Shri Madan Mohan Sharina Vs. Union of India, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare issued an Office Memorandum No.4-24/96-C&P/CGHS/CGHS(P) on 17th September, 1999, upper age limit for sons was removed subject to fulfilling other conditions regarding dependency and normally staying with the Government servant/pensioner. The Hon’ble High Court Of Delhi has dismissed the petition by its order on 29th November, 2006.
2. In view of the dismissal of the Writ Petition, it has been decided to re-fix the age limit for dependents, as indicated below:
3. The other conditions of dependency and normally residing with the Government servant/pensioner will remain the same.
4. This order will take effect from the date of issue of the Office Memorandum.
5. This order would also be applicable to Central Government employees covered under Central Services (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1944.
6. This issues with the concurrence of IFD vide their Dy. No.2552/2007 dated the 15th May, 2007.
1. A son shall be entitled until he gels married. vide dt O.M. of even no. dt 25.2.2009 (Annexure 3.VAA).
2. For meaning of disability. refer O.M. of even No dt. 29.8.2007 (Annexure 3.VB) and dt. 2.8.2010 (Annexure 3.VBB).
Source : www.echs.gov.in