Opposing the central government’s recent decision of setting up seventh pay commission for central government employees, Samajwadi Jan Parishad – a body of unorganised sector workers – today said that the government should rollback the announcement.
The organisation staged demonstrations in front of district collector’s office here in the city. Addressing the gathering, its leader and social activist – Subash Lomte – said that the government had obliged only 7% of the total employees in the county working under its umbrella. “But it has nothing to offer to the remaining 93%,” he said.
“There several instances where unorganised workers are being paid Rs 2,500 per month despite working for more than seven to eight hours a day,” he said. He said that all the unorganised workers’ salaries should be at par with class four employees of the central government.