Priority allotment to the personal staff attached with Union Ministers and other dignitaries List of central areas and non-central areas
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Directorate of Estates
New Delhi-110 108
Dated the 21′ October 2013.
Subject : Priority allotment to the personal staff attached with Union Ministers and other dignitaries List of central areas and non-central areas
Personal staff attached with the Union Ministers and other dignitaries and key officials working in the Vice-President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office and Cabinet Secretariat are eligible for priority/out of turn allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) in accordance with the provisions contained in SR 317-B-8A of the Allotment of Government Residences (General Pool in Delhi) Rules, 1963 and this Directorate’s OM No.12035/2/97-Pol.II(PLII) dated 17.11.1997. Instructions regarding floor and locality of GPRA to be allotted to such officials along with a list of central localities of Delhi were issued vide this Directorate’s OMs of even number dated 2nd April 2004 and 9th July 2012.
2. The matter has been reconsidered in this Ministry and it has now been decided that priority/out-of-turn allotments to the personal staff attached with the various dignitaries and key officials working in the Vice-President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office and Cabinet Secretariat shall normally be restricted to the first floor in central areas or any floor in non-central areas. However, the Minister of Urban Development shall have the discretion to allot ground floor accommodation in central localities also to such officials in deserving cases.
3. It has also been decided that the following localities for the types of accommodation specified below shall constitute central areas:-
Type of Accommodation
Locality (Central Area)
D I (V B)
D II (V A)
1. Laxmibai Nagar
1. DIZ Area
1. DIZ Area
1. BKS Marg
4. Accommodation located in areas other than those mentioned in paragraph 2 above shall be treated as non-central areas.
5. All Allotment Sections are advised to implement this decision accordingly, with immediate effect.
6. This supersedes Directorate of Estates’s OMs of even number dated 2.4.2004 and 9.7.2012.